Skip to main content

The Brave Christian Manifesto: Women's Virtual Prayer Group/

For the next few weeks we are taking turns choosing one or more of these statements as the prompt for our morning. You can download the 52 “I will…” statements from “The Brave Woman Manifesto” (Elisa Pullman)  www.moretobe.com/brave-woman/

1.         I will not accept “as is” as a way of life, because God is not yet done with the work He began in me and intends to use my life in His good work. (Philippians 1:6, Ephesians 2:10)
2.         I will acknowledge that I have been bought at a price for my sin, for which Jesus Christ died on the cross, so that I might be made right before God. (Romans 3:22-28)
3.         I will love the Lord my God with all my heart, my soul, my mind. (Deuteronomy 6:5, Matthew 22:37)
4.         I will trust in the Lord my God with all my heart and seek his purposes for my life. (Psalm 28:7, Proverbs 3:5-6)
5.         I will humbly and boldly share the truth that all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God, but that God made a way for all to be saved through Jesus Christ. (Romans 3:23, John 3:16)
6.         I will take captive my thoughts and make them obedient to Christ. (2 Corinthians 10:5)
7.         I will allow God to transform my life through renewing my mind in the Word each day. (Romans 12:2)
8.          I will confess my sin before God daily before bringing my requests before Him. (Hosea 14:2; Psalm 5:3, 66:18)
9.         I will fix my thoughts on whatever is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable, excellent, and praiseworthy. (Philippians 4:8)
10.           I will choose to be kind and speak kind words to others. (Ephesians 4:32, Proverbs 16:24)
11.           I will be honest about my issues with God and seek His help (and counseling when needed) for overcoming sin, strongholds, and addictions. (Psalm 51, Romans 12:3)
12.           I will be the first to say I’m sorry, seek forgiveness, and offer forgiveness even when it’s hard. (Psalm 38:18, James 5:16, Luke 17:4)
13.           I will remember that I am fearfully and wonderfully made, not on accident, but on purpose for a good purpose. (Psalm 139, Ephesians 2:10)
14.           I will commit to accountability relationships with one to two other women. (2 Timothy 2:22)
15.           I will make it a habit to speak in psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs. (Colossians 3:16)
16.           I will strive to do everything for the glory of God. (1 Corinthians 10:31) - 6 -
17.           I will be a woman of my word. (Matthew 5:37)
18.           I will seek God for a changed heart before trying to change my circumstances. (Ezekiel 36:26)
19.           I will guard my heart by considering what I expose myself to each day. (Proverbs 4:23)
20.           I will pursue a life of whole-heart, whole-mind, whole-body purity. (Psalm 86:11, Hebrews 13:4)
21.           I will carefully consider the words I choose to speak. (Matthew 12:37, Matthew 15:11, 18)
22.           I will watch my words to consider the state of my heart. (Proverbs 15:28; Luke 6:45)
23.           I will do all that I can to live in peace with others. (Romans 12:18)
24.           I will remember that my life is a story God is writing for others to see Him. (2 Corinthians 3:3)
25.           I will love others without fear of rejection as His love overflows through me. (1 Thessalonians 3:12, 2 Timothy 1:7, 1 John 4:18)
26.           I will fear God, and not seek the approval of any man or woman. (Psalm 34:9, Matthew 10:28, Philippians 2:12, Galatians 1:10)
27.           I will be thankful to God in all circumstances. (1 Thessalonians 5:18)
28.           I will be teachable and seek wisdom from godly counsel. (Proverbs 2:2, Proverbs 15:31, James 1:5)
29.           I will honors others as made in the image of God. (Genesis 1:27, Romans 12:10)
30.           I will respect the men in my life and not belittle or degrade them. (Ephesians 5:33, 1 Timothy 5:1)
31.           I will not make an idol of anyone (especially spouse or children) or anything (project, Ftle, degree, accomplishment). (Deuteronomy 4:23)
32.           I will not worship the things God created (or enabled me to create) instead of the Creator. (Romans 12:25)
33.           I will seek God daily for a deeper understanding of His Word as truth. (John 17:17, Hebrews 4:12)
34.           I will strive to be filled up by Jesus Christ, the Living Water, and not others. (John 4:10, John 7:38)
35.           I will remember that God gives life to the full, the abundant life, but the enemy comes to steal, kill, and destroy. (John 10:10)
36.           I will learn to sit quietly to hear from God. (Psalm 46:10)
37.           I will devote myself to prayer for those God has brought into my life and the needs He lays on my heart. (Matthew 26:41, 1 Thessalonians 3:10, 5:17)
38.           I will not forsake a commitment to a church body, even when it is hard. (Hebrews 10:25)
39.           I will use my gifts to serve the body of Christ for the glory of God (1 Corinthians 12; Romans 12:3-8) - 7 -
40.           I will allow God’s power to be made perfect in my weaknesses. (2 Corinthians 12:19)
41.           I will make the most of every opportunity the Lord gives me. (Ephesians 5:16)
42.           I will seek God to fill me with all joy and peace as I trust in Him that I may overflow with hope onto others by the power of the Holy Spirit at work in me. (Romans 15:13)
43.           I will yield my financial resources to the Lord’s work. (Malachi 3:8-10, Mark 12:41-44)
44.           I will seek justice, love mercy, walk humbly all of my days. (Micah 6:8)
45.           I will defend the cause of the fatherless, the poor, the oppressed. (Psalm 82:3)
46.           I will speak the Good News and live out the Gospel in private and public. (Psalm 40:10, Matthew 24:14)
47.           I will accept the trouble and suffering that comes into my life, knowing God will equip me to endure and be my comforter. (Matthew 6:34, Romans 5:3, 2 Corinthians 1:7)
48.           I will always choose to believe that God is indeed holy, kind, loving, faithful, merciful, and just. (Romans 2:4, Lamentations 3:23, Psalm 36:5)
49.           I will strive to lay down my life for others as Christ has done for me. (John 15:13)
50.           I will obey God because I love God. (1 John 2:5)
51.           I will put on the full armor of God as I fight against the enemy of God and not the people of God. (Ephesians 6:10-19)
52.           I will seek to live as a chosen, holy, dearly loved child of God who has been called out of darkness and into His wonderful light, that I may tell others about His marvelous works and praise His holy name. (Colossians 3:12; 1 Peter 2:9)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The River Hopes: Let's Get this Party Started.

Unstuck. It’s been almost three years. My husband and I came back from living and serving overseas in the fall of 2014. It was supposed to be only a year, but God had other plans as our parents health declined. Jim figured out how to make continued ministry to pastors in Asia work…commuting.  I’ve been finding ways to be useful, and knowing the Lord has things to teach me in transition. But, last December a handful of  The River  women prayed after church about how we could pitch in with the Refugee crisis... and... something started brewing: "The River Hopes" In January Pastor Todd invited some folks together to talk about our direction regarding outreach as a church. We know  the church is individual believers in community , and not just those few who happened to make it to an evening meeting, so... The consensus was that we should have a better grasp of  what we’re already doing  before we decide where we should concentrate moving forward. I had this g

Interview: Julie Virjee, Yambi Rwanda

The River Hopes: Yambi Rwanda Transcribed Interview with Julie Virjee May 1, 2017 K!: I’m sitting here in Rolling Hills Estates in the home office with Julie Virjee. I’m asking her this morning to tell me about her journey with Rwanda. I want to hear your journey from the first part. What was your life before you got this vision for Rwanda? JV: Life in this household has always been pretty crazy with three boys, and large dogs, and a very busy husband --who worked tremendously long hours. I was busy accomplishing things that I thought needed accomplishing: working in the kids’ schools, being part of “Art at your Fingertips.” I was a PTA president in the kids’ schools for 10 years, on the Peninsula Education Foundation Board… anything to further education. I definitely wanted to make life better and stronger academically for the kids in the PV school district. So, once that chapter of my life closed (which was amazing, but I was also happy to see it close

Reboot / Simplicity

As we officially enter into Spring this week, we invite you to try on the Spiritual Discipline of Simplicity this week.  Remember that term "Spring cleaning?"   It used to be a real rhythm of housekeeping- that once a year, in the spring, you would take inventory and wash and clean the things in your house that tend to get overlooked on a regular basis, and throw out or donate unused/unnecessary items.   It was tedious mundane work, but left you with a feeling of renewed energy and accomplishment to get your house in order. God's character is perfect order; He is not a God of confusion.   Made in His image and likeness, He desires our souls to be orderly too (not PERFECT, but ordered in our thoughts, emotions and behavior to reflect Him).   As Todd taught yesterday (if you didn't hear his incredible sermon, go and listen to it on the River website; and even if you did-it is worth hearing again)-  What, and where in our lives do we need a re-boot, a reset...a spring cl